Thursday, November 6, 2008

My first gold-seller!

It happened! It finally happened! One of my posts finally got hit by some gold-seller powerlevelling spam that I thought due to my low-profile I would never get.

It's weird that this absolute insult of a post, this aberration of advertising on someone else's website would actually put a smile on my face... no... not a smile... a big ear-to-ear grin.

It means that after a year of innane ramblings about wow I finally passed some invisible treshhold that elevates me from a 'merely informative' status to 'worthy of advertising on'.

Seriously though I have no idea who reads this blog. I get a few comments here and there (thanks for those) when I hit a topic that's close to someone's heart but beyond that I never bothered to look at or indeed install some form of visitor counter.

I am touched... I'd almost sign up for blog azeroth and do some shared topics he he.

I think by now we all know the vagaries of gold-selling. It is against the TOS and mass-bans over it are not uncommon so my advise is simply to keep away from the everpresent temptation even if it is now evidently posted on my blog.

I will take steps to curb their appetite if they get out of hand and if they push too hard I'll happily give some tips and tricks to make your own gold and see how they like that.

In the meantime I'll sit here and pretend that my blog is well-read.

4 comments:

LarĂ­sa said...

Haha, you've really got a good and stable mentality being able to take it that way. I would have felt insulted I think. Sort of invaded.

I don't comment as much as I should but I really enjoy your blog and read everything you write. You've got a distinct voice of your own and often see things from other perspectives.

Don't underestimate your popularity among readers. The amount of comments isn't necessarily representative to understand the impact of your writings.

/hug

Darraxus said...

lol, I thought the same thing this morning. Saw a new comment....BAM, power leveling scam. Never thought spam would make me happy.

Darraxus said...

Lol just got another. I love how they try to do a story but plug their site. Almost sounds like some crappy subliminal messaging.

Captain The First said...

It does doesn't it... lets take this passage from wow lore and at completely inappropriate places add the words powerleveling and gold.

Someday we'll come up with googlish as a language specifically written for search filters.

wonder if this means my blog also comes up when I type in powerleveling now... hmmmm